The Child Program is designed to support the unique needs of children aged 6 to 12 years. The program is designed to assist children with the following:
- Emotional dysregulation
- Poor impulse control, hyperactivity
- Dangerous behaviors
- Cognitive rigidity; lack of social skills
- Depression, sadness, hopelessness
- Persistent worry or panic attacks
- School refusal
- Prolonged bed-wetting
- Substance use
Treatment involves resolving the symptoms leading to hospitalization, crisis planning, and engaging the family in the appropriate continuing care needs. Communication and treatment interventions are geared toward the developmental stage of the child. The program uses a safety system to teach the children to develop an internal sense of safety and control.
KEY COMPONENTS OF TREATMENT
- Board-certified psychiatrists for medical care
- Compassionate around-the-clock nursing care
- Academic enrichment
- Family therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for children
- Play therapy
- Parent Child Interactive Therapy
- Emotional Regulation Training
- Family-Centered Safety Planning
Call SUN First.
Patients and families or referring professionals can call SUN 24/7 to schedule a no cost assessment. Adults can be assessed and admitted directly to SUN. A SUN Intake Specialist will be waiting to help. Professional referrals are not necessary. Inpatient and outpatient services provided. Programs available for all ages.
Call us at 713-796-2273