The Women’s Program is designed to assist women with the following:
- Issues unique to women’s lives
- Depressed mood
- Addictive behaviors
- Compulsive behaviors
- Self-harm or thoughts of self-harm
- Sleep and appetite disruption
- Mood Swings
- Engaging in risk-taking behavior
- Anxiety, persistent worry, panic attacks
- Hyperactivity or impulse control
The Women’s Program uses evidence-based treatment for women who prefer a program that is gender-specific when seeking treatment for issues related to trauma or interpersonal difficulties; and who may be experiencing acute or chronic stress related to gender roles and disparity.
Cognitive Behavioral therapy in a trauma informed approach is the evidence based practice used to promote personal safety and empowerment. Collaboration and choice are fostered through education and practicing new skills. Women are able to create a personal action plan for continued recovery and growth.
KEY COMPONENTS OF TREATMENT
- Board-certified psychiatrists for medical care
- Compassionate nursing care
- Groups that address women’s issues
- Groups that address trauma history
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Stress Management
- Activity Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Collaboration with outpatient providers
- Aftercare planning for continued recovery
Call SUN First.
Patients and families or referring professionals can call SUN 24/7 to schedule a no cost assessment. Adults can be assessed and admitted directly to SUN. A SUN Intake Specialist will be waiting to help. Professional referrals are not necessary. Inpatient and outpatient services provided. Programs available for all ages. Call us at 713-796-2273.
Powered by themekiller.com